Thursday, October 01, 2009
It breaks my heart to watch this clip. I am no different from these children, we are all human. I am just blessed to be able to have more than enough in my life. They can't even find a meal that can give them strength to sit up! Seeing them crawling on the ground just reminded to me of my little girl while she is on her tummy during play time. It is enjoyable to see her playing on her tummy, but these kids are 6-7 years old! They are crawling on the tummy because they don't even have the strength to sit up, not to say stand up! I can't imagine seeing Esrene in this situation. They can be one of the cute baby like my daughter as well!!
What have I done all these while besides complaining about my life, what I cannot get, and envy of what people can have? I have food to eat but I complain it does not taste good, I have house to stay but I complain it is not big and nice enough, I have clothes to wear but I complain they are ugly on me and on and on. Jesus says "I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me...I tell you, whenever you refused to help on of these least important ones, you refuse to help me" Mat 25:42-44.
I sponsored a kid but have I done enough, what can I do more? I don't want to watch this video clip, have a little cry, feel pity then let it pass by. Can I be like the elder sibling in the video who is willing to let the rest have the biscuits first before her even she is also starving? If I am willing to put aside $1 a day which I use it to buy junk food, I can donate $365 per year for these people to buy $365 worth of biscuit to eat, at least to help them have the strength to sit! I would like to beg any of you who can afford to spare $1 per day to help these people please?!
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




