Friday, May 02, 2008

Beautiful Autumn


This year I spent the most beautiful autumn in Bright. Auntie Margaret mentioned to us before that Bright is a must go place during autumn. Finally we managed to organise a trip there during Anzac holiday as it was a long weekend. It was a hassle trying to find friends to join us. Initially we had 5 showed their interest but when close to the date, only 2 confirmed going. However, we had a wonderful time there.


Even before arriving to Bright, we have been welcomed by the beautiful and colourful trees along the road. It took us 3 hours plus to travel to Bright, however, along the way, we did stop at Brown Brothers’ winery (one of Australia’s famous wine) and Milwana cheese factory. When we arrived at Bright, I was amazed with the scenery. It is better than what I imagine or see in the Internet. We were also pleased with our accommodation. With the rental of $60 per person for 2 nights, fully equipped unit, it is considered a very good deal! Thank God that we managed to find this accommodation last minute.


The highlight of the whole trip is our bicycle ride on the second day. I thought cycling is a leisure and easy “game”. However, when we started to cycle with the rented mountain bike, I realised that it is harder than walking!!! First of all, I am too short even with the lowest seat adjustment, makes it really challenging for me when come to stop! Another challenge is to cycling up and down the hill! Gosh, it was killing! I could feel the soreness of my legs when I was cycling hard to climb up the hill, end up most of the time we pushed the bicycle up the hill instead and everyone suffer "butt ache" after fact! However, it is a great experience on mountain bike. I love the bush bicycle. I was so exciting!!


Last day in Bright and Beechworth was freezing cold. It rained the whole day, makes the weather even colder. I have to wear over 3 clothing to keep myself warm but yet still feel freezing! I think it was less than 8 degree that day. Next day, I read in the newspaper that it was actually snowing at Alpine. No wonder it was freezing cold. But the weather is getting crazy now, it was just the mid of autumn but it snows....this is called Global warming :)


Overall, I enjoyed the trip. Miss the beauty of Bright. I don’t mind going back to Bright again! Actually I don’t mind get a house there though, but of course it will be just the holiday villa (it will only happen in my dream...too bad!!).

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    and I have enjoyed reading your journey to Bright.. :)
    Me! said...
    and I wish that I can go for a trip with you and KS one day too! Hope it is not a dream only ^_^

Post a Comment