Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Just within these 2 weeks, 2 big disasters had happened in Myanmar and China which killed thousands of people. The cry of these people that lost their beloved one & the cry of those in pain shown in the news broke my heart. Looking at the scene in the TV of those dead bodies that floated on the water and buried under the ground, I wonder what is the real value of our physical body after all? When life come to the end, when we are in this situation, what is meaning to all those luxury life style that we are chasing after?
Thousands and thousands of life were lost in these disasters. I just feel very fortunate to be able to live in another end of the world which is not affected by the disaster. I can't deny that I am very blessed to be able to still enjoying my life here, have a house to stay in, have a luxury to choose the food I want to eat, go places that I like while in another end of the world, people have lost their loved one, struggling to find a shelter to live on and even food to keep them warm.
Perhaps when we are thinking of what to eat for our next meal, pause a moment and start to think about these victims, pray for them to be able to have a meal to keep them warm. Perhaps when we feel like complaining about our parents, spouse and children, pause a moment and think about those victims who has lost their beloved one. Or perhaps when we start thinking about what material things we are aiming to get this month or this year, pause a moment and ask ourselves whether we can just delay our luxury spending on meeting our wants,take out some money to help these victims to survive and start their lives again.
Life is never fair (if not Jesus won't have to come and die for us). We are just the same like those victims - a human being. We could be one of them that suffer right now. Perhaps God places us here in a favour end so that we can lend our helping hand - being financial, physically or spiritually.
Lord, I pray that You will comfort those victims that lost their loved one.
You will provide them shelter to live in and food to keep them warm.
You will provide them resources to start over their lives through us who are in the favourite end.
Labels: Thought
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




