Wednesday, April 08, 2009
With a heavy heart I woke up this morning, crying out loud in my heart for another day of "nothing happen"!! While doing my daily devotion, I am so motivated with these sentences by George Matheson, the well-known blind preacher of Scotland:
"My dear God, I have never thanked You for my thorns. I have thanked you a thousand times for my roses but not once for my thorns. I have always looked forward to the place where I will be rewarded for my cross, but I have never thought of my cross as a present glory itself. Teach me, Oh Lord, to glory in my cross. Teach me the value of my thorns. Show me how I have climbed to You through the path of pain. Show me it is through my tears I have seen my rainbows".
How true it is that I never ever thank God for the so-called suffering and hardship that I am in, instead blaming Him for the suffering. I only look for the blessing (roses) and once I have that we forgot how I get the "roses". God has challenged me to look back to what He has brought me through and appreciate all the hardship I have been through and I am in now, knowing that He has a glorious plan for me behind all these.
Labels: faith



