Friday, June 13, 2008

Cupcakes Fun

2 week ago, Uncle Bernard and his family came to Melbourne for their PR first entry. We had the honour to host them for 17 days while they were here. We had a great time and fellowship together and of course GOOD FOOD everyday!


As I promised to make some birthday cupcakes for my boss’s daughter, I took this opportunity to ask the Ooi’s girls – Rachel & Carin whether they want to join me for this cupcakes session. They jumped with joys. They told me finally they are able to make their own cupcakes!

I divided this cupcake session into 3 days so that we won't be too exhausted. First day, we spent a few hours doing our fondant decoration for the cupcakes. The girls were so excited playing with the sugar-paste and doing flowers with the fondant. Second day is the baking session. I gave them the ingredient and taught them how to mix it up with the mixtures. We did two flavours of cupcakes – Vanilla and Chocolate. It turns up pretty well, although there are some odd looking and overflowing cupcakes. We rested for one day and continued our final session – decorating the cupcakes!!! I made some chocolate ganache and butter cream for the toppings then there starts our decorating session! I started by teaching them some basic pipping skills and leave the rest of decoration to them. The girls are so creative, came out with a lot of very nice decoration with stories on each cupcake, it was so fun looking at them enjoying themselves and they even had stories for each cupcakes design they made! Overall, we had a great cupcakes session. Enjoy the laugher and fun we had together even though it was quite tiring.

After they left, we feel so quiet in the house. Started to miss their presence and accompany, started to miss them. Hope that soon they will be able to move here for good, but of course according to God’s will. Anyway, we will be able to see Rachel in a month’s time as she will be coming here for good for her university. More chance to cook for her and bake with her then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment