Saturday, June 28, 2008
I didn’t realise how much I love eating until now! Why? Last Friday I am only allow to take foods which are gluten free, lactose free, glucose free, artificial colours and sweetener free, soy free ………Even with fruits, I only have certain food that I am allow to eat!!! To make it worse, there was a team lunch in the office on that day. With the delicious foods placed in front me, I can only take a handful of fruits, certain vegetable and 2 piece of plain cooked chicken meat! Help!
Why do I need to go on such a special diet? Well, blames to my stomach. I have been having unexplained stomach discomfort for the past two weeks. It drives me crazy. I was hungry but whenever I eat, I will feel indigestion, bloating and even vomit. Even after taking the pill from the doctor, it doesn’t seem to help much. While consulting my friend who is a pharmacist, she suggested me to go for breath test to test out whether I am intolerance to certain food. Certain food intolerance can caused similar stomach discomfort. She sent me the whole list of detail information about this breath test. It was quite impressive how they test out the intolerance but it is extremely expensive! One test costs $65 and if I choose to do the full test, it will be 4 tests all together, means $260!!! The worse thing it, it is not cover my Medicare, which means I can’t claim even a cent from Medicare!!!!! After much consideration and Selwyn’s insistence, I booked with the pathology to do 4 tests and the first test was done this morning.
After one day of fasting with special diet and half a day of water fasting (during the test), I was starving for good food! I went straight to the restaurant for nice Korean Mento with Selwyn after the test. After lunch, I had some bans too and guess what; I even invited our friends over for Nasi Lemak that night (top up with Krispy Kreme as desert!) Yes yes yes, all the “good food” to make up the lost on Friday…hahahah. The result – satisfy, happy but with bloated stomach (again)! However, as a Chinese, life without good food like worse than having bloated stomach at least, hehe.
Why do I need to go on such a special diet? Well, blames to my stomach. I have been having unexplained stomach discomfort for the past two weeks. It drives me crazy. I was hungry but whenever I eat, I will feel indigestion, bloating and even vomit. Even after taking the pill from the doctor, it doesn’t seem to help much. While consulting my friend who is a pharmacist, she suggested me to go for breath test to test out whether I am intolerance to certain food. Certain food intolerance can caused similar stomach discomfort. She sent me the whole list of detail information about this breath test. It was quite impressive how they test out the intolerance but it is extremely expensive! One test costs $65 and if I choose to do the full test, it will be 4 tests all together, means $260!!! The worse thing it, it is not cover my Medicare, which means I can’t claim even a cent from Medicare!!!!! After much consideration and Selwyn’s insistence, I booked with the pathology to do 4 tests and the first test was done this morning.
After one day of fasting with special diet and half a day of water fasting (during the test), I was starving for good food! I went straight to the restaurant for nice Korean Mento with Selwyn after the test. After lunch, I had some bans too and guess what; I even invited our friends over for Nasi Lemak that night (top up with Krispy Kreme as desert!) Yes yes yes, all the “good food” to make up the lost on Friday…hahahah. The result – satisfy, happy but with bloated stomach (again)! However, as a Chinese, life without good food like worse than having bloated stomach at least, hehe.
Nasi lemak with sambal prawn, rendang, fried sardine and sambal ikan bilis
Labels: Life
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



